Monday, September 19, 2011

Baseball Scout Day

Yesterday for baseball we had an event known as Pro Scout day. Pro Scout day is a day where major league scounts come and run a showcase for the team. The showcase consist of a 60 yard dash, ground balls, batting practice and pop time for cathers. Going into this event i was a little nervous because the pro scouts only take the top of the top juniors. Even though im to young to get drafted, i still wanted to go out and give it my all. So as soon as i got there, i started warming up playing catch to help get my arm loose. After that i decided to go on a little run becasuse the first event we had was a 60 yard dash. So im the middle guy to go in the 60 yard dash. I walk up to the line and show the scouts my number. After i showed them my number i get into my running position then take off. As soon as i crossed the line i found out i ran a 7.0 which is really good for cathers. After the 60 yard dash, i had to do pop times. Pop times are how fast you can get the ball from home plate to 2nd base. I was the second one up. As i stood on home plate i recieved the ball and immediately threw it to second base. It registerd as a 1.9 which is really good for college cathers. After pop times, i went to take batting practice. I was the the 2nd one up. As soon as i stepped up to home plate i was determined to hit the ball where its pitched. When the pitcher threw the balls, i hit every pitch where it was pitched. I was so proud of myself. At the end of the event my coach told me good job, and hopefully in 2 years the scouts will come back and remember my scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment